Saturday, May 9, 2009

Twilight

I read a thick book in two days. That's pretty good considering I am a mother of two preschoolers. At first, I thought, "Ah, it's just a tweener book. Teen angst. Easy read. No big deal." But as I got into more and more chapters, I found myself caught up in the lives and unforbidden love of Bella Swan and Edward Cullen, the girl and the vampire. I have to admit, I loved it. So much so, that I had to reskim the whole book over again.
Then I saw the movie. How awful. The acting was deplorable. The quality was definitely low budget. Had I seen the movie first, I would not have had the slightest interest in picking up the book. But I guess that is always the case. The book is way better than the movie.

It reminds me very much of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice...not that anyone's work can compare to Jane Austen's. Edward Cullen is the modern day Mr. Darcy. Bella Swan is Miss Elizabeth Bennett.

I am itching to read the 3 next books in the Twilight saga. I have to have more of Edward Cullen.

No comments:

Post a Comment