Monday, March 21, 2011

Been there, done that!

I reminded Jaclyn that we weren't going to have a b.day party for her (I'm actually throwing her a surprise b.day party) but that we would save the money and go on a trip. She told me that she wanted both a party and a trip. "No, just a trip this year", I said. She replied, "But what are we going to do on the trip? I have been to Vancouver, Whistler, Disneyland...There is nothing left for me to do. I have done everything."
Later on in the week, she asks me again for a b.day party especially having attended many of her friends' parties (March is a crazy b.day month). "No, not this year", I said. "Well, then, can I have a party for my 8th b.day?"

Oh, is she ever going to be surprised to see her friends at the bowling alley on Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that Jaclyn can read.
    If she reads this blog then it will not be a surprise.
    I wish I could be there for her party.
    Please tell her I am thinking about her and wish her a happy birthday with all my love and best wishes.
    Uncle

    ReplyDelete