Uncle Willis' celebration of life was just that...a celebration. The whole day and going into the next was a wonderful tribute to him.
The morning started off at West Van United - a packed church - with the Lee/Louie clans taking half of it. Brian, Scott and Stephen, and Uncle Bill, were amazing speakers.
The burial was at Capilano Cemetery with only extended family.
Then the reception at Westin Bayshore with jazz music, and oodles of food. Prime rib, sushi, pasta, dessert, and good coffee. The whole event felt like Uncle Willis. He had his hand in the planning, that is for sure.
The next day, Brad chartered a fishing boat in honour of Uncle Willis. Uncle Willis had started the annual Pender Harbour Trips when we were kids. It was those trips that drew us, cousins, closer together. A 20lb spring salmon was caught by Alexander. And everyone gave credit to Uncle Willis (and the good Lord) for that catch as no other boat around caught a fish.
I was on the non-fishing boat with Geoff, Leslie, Derek, Letti, Jaclyn, Madison and little Jessica. Our honorary family member, Alan Gelfand, joined us (it was his boat that we were on). The weather was gorgeous and it couldn't have been a better day.
Then we ate that 20-pounder at Foo's. There must have been 50 Lee's taking over that restaurant.
All in all, the weekend was about family. Uncle Willis was all about family. I feel so incredibly blessed to be part of famiLEE.
"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate".
Welcome to My World
Welcome to My World, to my blog. A place where I share my random thoughts about everything and nothing, where I share how my days went, my good moments and maybe my not-so-good, and the joys of my life (my family). Enjoy!
About Me
- DD
- I was born & raised in Vancouver, BC but now live in suburban Kirkland, WA. I love adventure although I seem to be more cautious since having kids. Scuba diving, sky diving, two safaris in Africa, backpacking Europe, soul-searching in Israel, and the list goes on, have all been in my distant past. Now, my life is about family and raising my kids to love God, love people and serve the world. I have got one talented husband, one angel child, one spirited child, and a large, supportive extended family. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment