Wednesday, March 21, 2018

No Rest for the Weary

Conversation with kids today:

Me: "Take a rest."  (J's ankle has been hurting from soccer and we were kicking around the ball.)

J: "Rest? There is no rest. Rest is homework. It's eat, sleep and lots of homework. And repeat."

Me: "What about your sister?"

J: "Soccer soccer soccer. I Love Lucy. Fool around. And a little bit of homework. Eat and sleep. More sleep than me. Repeat."

M: "NO! I have to do an hour and a half of Aleks."


J: "That's an hour and a half A WEEK." then calculates in her head..."That's 13 minutes a day! I would love 13 minutes a day of homework, even an hour and a half per day! And I would love to get as much sleep as you."


There seems to be an inbalance of homework between schools. That's quite apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment