There are days when I feel I live a very boring, normal, ordinary life. Gone are the days of my jetsetting and travelling to the four corners of the earth, and living like a naive princess with no cares in the world.
Now, I have trash to take out. Bills to pay. Mortgages to meet. Meals to cook. Laundry. Constant tidying and cleaning. Diapers to change. Blankies and dolls to find. Looks of (pretend) excitement when my children say, "Look, momma". Make no mistake. Extraordinary things happen around me continually. I just don't always recognize them. The thought occurs to me that great lives don't always seem great while we are living them. They seem embarassingly regular.
Every one of us who embraces the glory of God as our purpose will end up doing great things precisely because we do God-things. His holy hand resting on the smallest of acts renders the ordinary extraordinary. Spooning soup into the mouth of the weak or helping in the nursery so a tired mom can go to church are acts of worship when offered in the name of Christ.
To live for the greatness of God is to live the great life. Does that statement truly click with me? It's a daily working out. But I need to believe that I live a great life even if it is ordinary.
"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate".
Welcome to My World
Welcome to My World, to my blog. A place where I share my random thoughts about everything and nothing, where I share how my days went, my good moments and maybe my not-so-good, and the joys of my life (my family). Enjoy!
About Me
- DD
- I was born & raised in Vancouver, BC but now live in suburban Kirkland, WA. I love adventure although I seem to be more cautious since having kids. Scuba diving, sky diving, two safaris in Africa, backpacking Europe, soul-searching in Israel, and the list goes on, have all been in my distant past. Now, my life is about family and raising my kids to love God, love people and serve the world. I have got one talented husband, one angel child, one spirited child, and a large, supportive extended family. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment