The girls and I had a busy but fun past two days. Our friends from Vancouver, the Kiss Clan, came down to visit and celebrate Jaclyn's birthday. Last night we had fantastic pizza & salad at Pagliacci's. The kids were laughing away and singing ring-around-a rosy.
This morning we hung out all day at Bellevue Square. The kids played in the germ pit playground on the 3rd floor, worked up enough of a hunger to go to Cheesecake Factory. Madison got a bit cranky and cried for most of the lunch so Uncle Graeme had to take her for a stroller ride.
After shopping a bit, we headed back to the Kiss' hotel, the Westin, to rest and watch "Marley & Me" (I give it a so-so review).
Dinner was at 5:30pm at Maggiano's. I love that restaurant. The food is so awesome. (This is such a busy weekend for us as far as going out to eat. It's crazy.) Jaclyn loved her gifts from the Kiss' - a Webkinz (her first), some Gymboree clothes, a Disney Princess cosmetic bag & book, and a Fancy Nancy card (which is a gift in itself with all the stickers). She was a happy soul.
But she was even happier to know that mommy was going to take her and her friend, Lauren, to Build-A-Bear. Just the two of them. They picked out their bears: Jaclyn, a Hello Kitty, and Lauren, a Hannah Montana. Lauren had never been in the store and was just fascinated. After making wishes on their hearts, it was time to put their hearts in their bears. Jaclyn put her heart in Lauren's bear. And Lauren put her heart in Jaclyn. A sign that they are best friends. Then they got to give their bears a scrub and air bath.
After all was said and done, Lauren said that "this is the best day of my life". And Jaclyn was grinning from ear to ear as well. She was near-speechless on the walk back to the car. All she could do was hold my arm tight and look up to me with what looked like tears in her eyes. Often I say "NO" to my kids when we go out shopping. A parent can only buy so much for a child who seems to want everything. But I have to say, just to see her overwhelmed joy in her face...well, it certainly made my day...that I almost welled up in tears. I hope to always remember the look in Jaclyn's eyes. Maybe it was the best day of my life, too! Maybe I should say "YES" more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment