Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shudder & Fly


I was getting all stressed out about getting a photobook done on Shutterfly by tonight, March 10th...how would I do that without internet connection at home? What would I do with the kids? I was glad that I was able to hang out at a friend's place today. She let me use her computer and have our kids play together for the afternoon. Thanks for good friends.

When I got to the checkout in Shutterfly, it wouldn't let me enter a special offer code for a free photobook. WHAT? All that work trying to meet the deadline and my account didn't entitle me to a freebie. In the end, I shared my photobook with my SIL who ordered the freebie book from her account.

And now onto more important things:
I have been in a Beth Moore study at Overlake Christian Church. We are studying the book of Esther. A book that does not mention God once...a total absence of any reference to God...and yet He is all over it. Week after week, I have thoroughly enjoyed this study and see the book of Esther through new eyes. In tonight's study, we find Esther coming to her defining moment. There was no neutral position. It was die or DIE. She had a choice; she faced the fear; she took the courage she was offered.

Same with us. We get to choose HOW we are going to do WHAT we're going to do. LIVE victoriously. LIVE until we die. LIVE like we're not going to die.
(Here is an old picture of my kids living loud and with no fear...in a shopping cart!)

No comments:

Post a Comment